Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Triops Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple and completely free. Just make sure you make a post in the New Member section after you register or your account may not be approved.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hello
Topic Started: Jun 23 2018, 05:38 PM (79 Views)
Koensayr
Member Avatar
Egg
I joined the forum last week, but am only now getting around to posting here and introducing myself.

I am currently working in natural resources in California in the western US, with my main focus being vernal pool monitoring, research, and inventory. I got into tadpole shrimp back into 2015 when I first got to work with L. packardi and B. lindahli, and since then I've expanded my interests to all things fairy and tadpole shrimp, and am currently planning to do my graduate research on vernal pools in northern California in another year or so.

I've had a tank of T. longicaudatus going for about two months now, and although I lost a couple early on when I moved them from the hatching to the big tank, I kept 11 more going for over a month and a half after that. Although I'm down to only one Triops now that they've been getting older and have started to die off from old age complications, it's been a lot of fun having them and I'm hoping to pick up more tips from everyone here to make my second go around even better!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Slash0mega
Member Avatar
Triops Longicaudatus
welcome to the forums :)

notostracan
Member Avatar
Shrimp Lady
Sorry it's a late welcome, but welcome!

Awesome to have you here, your very lucky to have experience working with those two species, please do share any pictures if you have them :) . Also please don't hesitate to ask any questions about aquariums, plants, other branchiopod species etc.

Look forward to your future posts :D .
Edited by notostracan, Jun 28 2018, 12:06 AM.

« Previous Topic · Meet and Greet · Next Topic »
Add Reply