Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Triops Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple and completely free. Just make sure you make a post in the New Member section after you register or your account may not be approved.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Second-generation eggs not hatching
Topic Started: Feb 3 2018, 05:15 PM (58 Views)
Fishkeeper
Egg
I have some redtail fairy shrimp eggs that I harvested in early December. There had been adults with eggs present in the tank for at least a week. I harvested the eggs by siphoning out the water and gunk at the bottom of the tank and pouring it through some unbleached coffee filters, then left it in the open air to dry.

January 20th, I tried to hatch the eggs. I placed part of a coffee filter with the eggs on it in a container of distilled water, and I placed the container in indirect light. I left the filter in because I didn't think I could get the eggs off of it without damaging them. This procedure, minus the coffee filter, is how I hatched the first-generation shrimp eggs.

Nothing hatched this time.

Any idea what went wrong?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlueWanderer
Larva
Are you sure last time you hatched with absolutely no direct sunlight? I though even only for a while fairy shrimps need strong sunlight to start hatching.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Triops 101 · Next Topic »
Add Reply