Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Triops Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple and completely free. Just make sure you make a post in the New Member section after you register or your account may not be approved.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I see eggs on the eighth day after hatching...
Topic Started: Dec 18 2017, 05:28 PM (760 Views)
BlueWanderer
Triops Longicaudatus
Species unknown, bought as T. longicaudatus, but probably T. newberryi.

I told my wife earlier today I guessed that the brood sacs would be grown at gaps after a pair of large gills when she asked me if the shrimp was about to lay eggs. And hours after, now, I find that those two large gills are actually brood sacs and are already filled with eggs.

It started to digging holes today, but I has not seen any eggs laid. Guess it's somehow practicing.

Anybody have seen eggs this early? I thought it would take more than two weeks.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ducky
Member Avatar
Triops breeder
It does seem fast. Maybe they evolved to go faster because their habitat is very quick to dry out, so only the fastest growers make it to the next generation.
Do you have Triops that are different than those shown? Please show me!

Posted Image

BlueWanderer
Triops Longicaudatus
Ducky
Jan 5 2018, 07:50 PM
It does seem fast. Maybe they evolved to go faster because their habitat is very quick to dry out, so only the fastest growers make it to the next generation.
I was expecting it would take two weeks. But it ended up only one week. And the second generation only took 5 days. Creepy :shock:

« Previous Topic · Triops Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply