Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Triops Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple and completely free. Just make sure you make a post in the New Member section after you register or your account may not be approved.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jim, my first triops; Help me identify it?
Topic Started: Aug 26 2016, 10:09 AM (415 Views)
Merlin
Egg
So, Jim passed away last night at forty-eight days old. This blog was password protected before, but it's now open for public viewing.

Posted Image
Jim, 46 days old.

One of my favorite videos of Jim is when I first introduced Jim and Bones to marimo. I'll later update the blog with a farewell post for Jim + pictures of the eggs I harvested from the tank.

As a side note, I'm actually not sure what kind of triops this is so any help would be appreciated. If it matters this particular one came from Toyops' 'Ghost Triop kit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Technoduck
Member Avatar
Egg
As mentioned on previous threads, Ghost triops albino T.cancriformis, and I'm sorry about Jim.
Posted Image

notostracan
Member Avatar
Triops Newberryi
Sorry to hear About Jim too, will have read though your previously protected log tomorrow :) .

Funny that Jim came from a Toyops Ghost Triops kit. The kits don't specify which species is in each one, so I asked them directly via email. Toyops told me that "Ghost triops" should be T.cancriformis , in their own words "Albino red cancriformis".

I find this interesting, because I also noticed many Amazon reviews from Toyops kits that also show pictures of the wrong species. It seems Topyops have limited control over what species ends up in each kit...

Jim looks very much like T.longicaudatus "Red", and is 100% not T.cancriformis.. It may be regular T.longicaudatus, but looks to me like the red variety from the pictures, it may be the lighting though.

Ducky
Member Avatar
Majorly addicted & want them all! :)

Jim is very pretty. Agreed, longicaudatus, not cancriformis. I would love one like Jim, did you try out your eggs?

I couldn't find your tank log. Any hints?

In the meantime, here is an albino cancriformis beni kabuto ebi off the internet, just because I think people are getting confused a lot by the different pink and red species and types. I have since had others that are more fleshy looking and ive had a pink male longicaudatus but still doesnt look like Jim.

Posted Image

Edited by Ducky, Dec 31 2017, 09:56 PM.
Do you have Triops that are different than those shown? Please show me!

Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Triops Pictures and Videos · Next Topic »
Add Reply