Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Triops Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple and completely free. Just make sure you make a post in the New Member section after you register or your account may not be approved.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Recipes; Share 'em
Topic Started: May 19 2014, 05:44 PM (934 Views)
LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
Today, I made homemade ketchup and sour cream. The sour cream is still in the 24-hour process of getting sour (and I used regular cream that was on the point of souring independently instead of heavy cream), so I don't know how that's going to turn out yet, but the ketchup was pretty much instantaneous and yummy.

Sour cream: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/homemade-sour-cream/

Ketchup: http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/10/03/homemade-ketchup/

And this is one of my favorite recipe sources! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsWpnu6EwIYDvlHoOESpwYg Recently, I've done the 3-ingredient Nutella cupcakes, homemade "Nutella," 3-ingredient cheesecake popsicles, gummy soda, and chocolate mousse.

I'm going to make these for my mom this week because they sound like something she'd love: http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/05/bluebe...-popsicles.html

What have you cooked lately? What do you want to try?
"...Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her... Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away." --Gandhi

Posted Image

Have: T. longicaudatus (regular*, Black Beauty*, gonochoric), T. granarius*, T. canciformis (regular, red/albino/Japanese, Bavarian), T. australiensis (regular, green, silver/Queensland), T. newberryi*, T. mauritanicus, clam shrimp, fairy shrimp (red-tailed, spiny-tailed), seed shrimp
(* = successfully hatched and raised to adulthood)
Want: T. canciformis simplex (those blue ones), T. canciformis green type, Lepidurus, giant T. granarius (so-called T. numidicus), beaver-tailed fairy shrimp
For sale: nothing ATM
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Faelwen
Member Avatar
Triops Newberryi
I've recently became allergic to a huuuge bunch of stuff (olive oil, coconut, milk, sunflower seeds, there are probably still some more stuff since my rash isnt completly gone yet). And trying to get sweets that I can actually eat and not break out in hives became a feat! (I love chocolate and ice cream).

A few weeks ago I found this awesome recipe (that I tweaked a bit) for oatmeal cookies.

1-1 1/2 cup flour (I use spelt)
3 cups oatmeal flakes (I use splet flakes since apparently I cant have oatmeal either -.-)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter (I use half cup of vegetable oil)
1 mashed banana
juice from 1-2 oranges
2 cups sugar (I only add 1 packet of vanilla sugar, but if you like your cookies sweet add at least 1 cup).

Now for the fun part. You can always improvise and add a new ingredient or two. I usually add sezame seed (1/2 cup or more). You can also add dried fruits or nuts:)

After mixing all the ingredients together I usually leave the mix for 20-30 mins on the counter so spelt flakes get a bit softer (if you'd use oatmeal flakes 10 mins would be enough since they are smaller). After that you scoop the dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet (or I just put them on baking paper instead), spacing them a couple inches apart. Bake for 12-13 minutes at 350 F (180C) or until dark and chewy. If you'd like a crispier cookie, just bake a little longer!

I usually get around 30-40 cookies. They dont really last that long ;)

Posted Image
(today I added dried cranberries)

LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
Faelwen, those look yummy!

We had sour cream failure. :( The dog got into it while it was souring on the counter.

I gotta post my mom's healthy cookie recipe. It's so yummy.
"...Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her... Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away." --Gandhi

Posted Image

Have: T. longicaudatus (regular*, Black Beauty*, gonochoric), T. granarius*, T. canciformis (regular, red/albino/Japanese, Bavarian), T. australiensis (regular, green, silver/Queensland), T. newberryi*, T. mauritanicus, clam shrimp, fairy shrimp (red-tailed, spiny-tailed), seed shrimp
(* = successfully hatched and raised to adulthood)
Want: T. canciformis simplex (those blue ones), T. canciformis green type, Lepidurus, giant T. granarius (so-called T. numidicus), beaver-tailed fairy shrimp
For sale: nothing ATM

« Previous Topic · Chitchat · Next Topic »
Add Reply