Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Triops Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple and completely free. Just make sure you make a post in the New Member section after you register or your account may not be approved.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My New Species Part 2
Topic Started: Nov 20 2012, 10:58 AM (1,784 Views)
Mikeevil
Larva
Hey guys,

I set up the new hatching container and put the sand with the Albino Cans. in it last night. It will be 24 hours later tonight so will let you know if any have hatched, looking forward to having a new species in my house :D

Any one else recently hatched any new lil guys?

To Be Continued....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ducky
Member Avatar
Triops breeder
nothing new that i know of although i have about 10 assorted babies of undertermined types right now, most are less than 1/4". (at least 1 is an albino i believe, probably 3-4)

however i wanna start more, i wanna see a kind i haven't seen before :) (most of what i've hatched lately is slush material, generally from stuff i've already started before in the past, although some might not have started before) so i'll see if i can get caught up with you by tonight by starting some new containers with new sand.
Do you have Triops that are different than those shown? Please show me!

Posted Image

Mikeevil
Larva
haha sounds good, saw activity in the hatching container this morning, may be a daphnia though. I will know more by tonight when i check on them again.

Excited to have a species other than Longs. Will let you guys know later if there is any news!

:thumbup:

Mikeevil
Larva
haha sounds good, saw activity in the hatching container this morning, may be a daphnia though. I will know more by tonight when i check on them again.

Excited to have a species other than Longs. Will let you guys know later if there is any news!

:thumbup:

Mikeevil
Larva
hey, well i can see atleast 2 baby triops so hopefully some more will appear and thrive! :theyhatched:

Ducky
Member Avatar
Triops breeder
yay :) i have 2 i just put into an aquarium. i forgot how beautiful red they are, very nice to look at :)

Posted Image

Mikeevil
Larva
yeah ducky, no rd yet but should be nice when they grow. :D

Ducky
Member Avatar
Triops breeder
hopefully just a few days :) good luck! still the two or did more hatch?

Posted Image

Mikeevil
Larva
:thumbup: yeah just the two i see although there seems to be another smaller one, hopefully he doesnt get eaten too quickly :/

Mikeevil
Larva
ok so i have used th rt of the ablino cans sand from ebay with evian water. I have got MUCH better results, atleast 7 or 8 hatchlings this time! I am not feding them for 3 days and going to kp the temp up before they move tanks!

vry happy this time round :D

:theyhatched:

« Previous Topic · Exotic Species of Triops · Next Topic »
Add Reply