Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Triops Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple and completely free. Just make sure you make a post in the New Member section after you register or your account may not be approved.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
hatching water; brands ?
Topic Started: Sep 8 2011, 04:09 AM (6,074 Views)
exotics
Triops Longicaudatus
hi guys, lets share what brands we use alright, for me basically i use dasini and evian and it works fine for me
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

thabest1
Triops Australiensis Queensland
WT (it's an Australian brand) demineralised water

TCans
Member Avatar
T cancriformis
I used to use highland water it was really cheap but i canm't fine it no more. Trying evian and distilled water.
You will trust him because you think you are him.

If You Change The Rules On What Controls You,
You Will Change The Rules On What You Can Control.

XenoVaria
Triops Longicaudatus
"Ice mountain" For me, used it since first batch and they works fine, so i am sticking to it generally ^_^
Triop Triop Triop!

Aubandain
Larva
tap ^_^ i got the good stuff. and im cheap.

LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
I use distilled water from the grocery store. My tap water is way too hard for hatching, and bottled water brands are so varied that I haven't bothered with them yet.

ETA: Good thread idea, exotics! Bottled water can be trial-and-error with finding a good brand, so collective knowledge is nice to have. :) I'm pinning this for the newbs.
"...Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her... Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away." --Gandhi

Posted Image

Have: T. longicaudatus (regular*, Black Beauty*, gonochoric), T. granarius*, T. canciformis (regular, red/albino/Japanese, Bavarian), T. australiensis (regular, green, silver/Queensland), T. newberryi*, T. mauritanicus, clam shrimp, fairy shrimp (red-tailed, spiny-tailed), seed shrimp
(* = successfully hatched and raised to adulthood)
Want: T. canciformis simplex (those blue ones), T. canciformis green type, Lepidurus, giant T. granarius (so-called T. numidicus), beaver-tailed fairy shrimp
For sale: nothing ATM

ZenMonkey
Member Avatar
Egg
I just hatched my first triops using Arrowhead water (I think mainly supplied on the West Coast). I checked their website and read their information about how the water is processed, and it seems great for this purpose.

bananaman
Member Avatar
Triops Longicaudatus
I just hatched some T. longicaudatus in less than 12 hours with a mix of old tank water (treated tap water), generic distilled water, and Ozarka brand water. It made the eggs of the same species hatch 3 times as fast as they did in just Ozarka water.
-bananaman

I'm a carnivorous plant fanatic!!!!

Triopdude13
Larva
I use evian water.It is great and once the triops are old enough i put them into dechlorinated tap water.

TriopsBeginner
Member Avatar
T. Cancs
My first time i used evian but now i just use my local bottled spring water (glastonbury spring water), its cheap and i know the exact point its came from, i still check the water before using it just encase, but its like 50p for about 5 litres of the stuff.
I have used our tap water because its pretty soft but just to be on the safe side i used the bottled stuff ^^

sporegod
Member Avatar
triops maniac
Albertson brand water distiled and spring half and half works fine
I love triops to death im trying my hardest to learn everything from anatomy to species to attitude probably the craziest triops lover here ^.^ I also hope to start a triops and vernal pool dwellers shop on ebay one day if you ever need to contact me and would like to talk i have kik its convenient for me its now unicornenzyme I had to ditch the old account

Posted Image

~The triops forums the only place where soap and kitchens are bad things~

Huub
Member Avatar
Queensland, Red fire, Cancriformis . >>Digging for eggs&l
In the Netherlands some have used mineral water successfully.
The brand is Bar Le Duc. ( The city of Utrecht seems to have it as tap water!)
Posted Image

It is half the price of distilled water here. I am testing it as I write . :lolD:

~ Huub ~ Posted Image
1st tanklog: Longicaudatus / 2nd log: Australiensis Queensland (Silver) / 3rd log: Red Fire Kabuto Cancriformis / 4th tanklog: Newberryi + Kabuto Albino
Water-adjustments for Triops
/ My You-Tube channel with triops vids

Huub
Member Avatar
Queensland, Red fire, Cancriformis . >>Digging for eggs&l
It works ok! Seems even a bit better then distilled. Maybe because of the small amount of trace minerals?

Posted Image
~ Huub ~ Posted Image
1st tanklog: Longicaudatus / 2nd log: Australiensis Queensland (Silver) / 3rd log: Red Fire Kabuto Cancriformis / 4th tanklog: Newberryi + Kabuto Albino
Water-adjustments for Triops
/ My You-Tube channel with triops vids

sporegod
Member Avatar
triops maniac
Ok cnclusion water doesnt matter at all ive had success with murky water in an old paint bucket that held gasoline and had mud and all types of stuff in it including chlorine so maybe it doesnt matter???
I love triops to death im trying my hardest to learn everything from anatomy to species to attitude probably the craziest triops lover here ^.^ I also hope to start a triops and vernal pool dwellers shop on ebay one day if you ever need to contact me and would like to talk i have kik its convenient for me its now unicornenzyme I had to ditch the old account

Posted Image

~The triops forums the only place where soap and kitchens are bad things~

Mikeevil
Larva
I have used Evian and am using Highland Spring currently, both have worked fine. As long as the Chloride is below 10 it should be fine.

Michael. :backtotopicnice:

Ducky
Member Avatar
Majorly addicted & want them all! :)
i agree with sporegod, i have had many hatchings/self grown ups in disgustingly dirty bad quality water. distilled isn't necessarily best, sometimes i've had trouble getting things to hatch and i've got the distilled water on the reason list...actually i suspect leaching of chemicals from the plastic or somesuch. president's choice spring water works fine, that's what i'm using right now. so does my tap (well) water most of the time, which is full of iron, sulphur & bacteria, and has a ph of 8-9 coming out of the tap. so i'm thinking there is a broad range of water conditions where most types will hatch.
Do you have Triops that are different than those shown below? Please show me!
Posted Image

Wrod
Member Avatar
Chicken Nugget
when i was 9 and had triops from a kit(ill have 10g just for them this time)
i used tap water and it worked fine
but here in northeastern ohio apparently we have the cleanest tap water(apparently best tasting too)
and after searching on the internet i found out the ph is 7.6 and gh is 8
so its pretty good

Have baby Triops Australiensis(Queensland)
Visit my youtube channel TheFirstWilly

Werner
Member Avatar
Life cycle
For now I stick to Nestlé Pure Life.
Overview of Species
Triops longicaudatus

Posted Image

Triops cancriformis

Posted Image

Triops australiensis
Queensland

Posted Image

Triops granarius

Posted Image

Triops cancriformis
Beni-Kabuto albino

Posted Image

fie
Member Avatar
Egg
Tap here, letting it stand for about 2 days (before I run out of patience), then off we go! I've had occasions of 11 hatchlings in one go, so I assume our tap water is ok :)

« Previous Topic · Triops Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply