Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Triops Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple and completely free. Just make sure you make a post in the New Member section after you register or your account may not be approved.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Raising beni kabuto ebi albino?; um.......how do i raise red triops?
Topic Started: Aug 25 2011, 01:39 PM (3,329 Views)
thabest1
Triops Australiensis Queensland
hey i recently purchased beni kabuto ebi albino triops From triopsman (hopefully they get here, don't even get me started on Australian customs :censored1: ) and i was wondering if anybody could give me advice on raising them (a step by step guide would earn my eternal gratitude) i know they're pretty much exactly like T cancriformis but pretty much every guide i've seen is for t long. also i have great trust in the triops raising ability of the people of this forum, i know if anybody can help me you guys can ^_^
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TCans
Member Avatar
T cancriformis
Never raise this type before, nor t longs either, but i have done about a thousend
T cancformis. This how i do.

1. fill a jar of bottle water up throw the eggs in and stir.
2. Put jar on a heat mat which is a old one it stays around 65-70
3. put a lamp over them, turn light on and wait three days after they hatch then crush some fish pellet and chuck it in.
About a week after hatching start putting the main tank water in the hatching tank slowly over 2 days then put the triops in the main tank and jobs done.

lol very simple im sure it would work with them albinos
You will trust him because you think you are him.

If You Change The Rules On What Controls You,
You Will Change The Rules On What You Can Control.

thabest1
Triops Australiensis Queensland
thanks

vicevine
Member Avatar
Larva
TCans
Aug 25 2011, 12:07 PM
Never raise this type before, nor t longs either, but i have done about a thousend
T cancformis. This how i do.

1. fill a jar of bottle water up throw the eggs in and stir.
2. Put jar on a heat mat which is a old one it stays around 65-70
3. put a lamp over them, turn light on and wait three days after they hatch then crush some fish pellet and chuck it in.
About a week after hatching start putting the main tank water in the hatching tank slowly over 2 days then put the triops in the main tank and jobs done.

lol very simple im sure it would work with them albinos

When you say "jar" what size do you mean?

I have some small mason jars used to keep buttons in that have not been used yet, but I wasn't sure if they'd be too small/the surface area wouldn't be wide enough for the triops.

LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
Since this is not a breeding-related topic, I've moved it to the Exotics forum.
"...Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her... Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away." --Gandhi

Posted Image

Have: T. longicaudatus (regular*, Black Beauty*, gonochoric), T. granarius*, T. canciformis (regular, red/albino/Japanese, Bavarian), T. australiensis (regular, green, silver/Queensland), T. newberryi*, T. mauritanicus, clam shrimp, fairy shrimp (red-tailed, spiny-tailed), seed shrimp
(* = successfully hatched and raised to adulthood)
Want: T. canciformis simplex (those blue ones), T. canciformis green type, Lepidurus, giant T. granarius (so-called T. numidicus), beaver-tailed fairy shrimp
For sale: nothing ATM

« Previous Topic · Exotic Species of Triops · Next Topic »
Add Reply