Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Triops Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple and completely free. Just make sure you make a post in the New Member section after you register or your account may not be approved.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What pets do you have?; (Besides triops, that is.)
Topic Started: Apr 13 2010, 02:19 AM (9,249 Views)
LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
List your pets here, plus any you hope to have one day.

I have, at the moment... (I'm editing this to keep it updated-ish)
In the dorm:
-10g, one dwarf puffer, two otocinclus catfish, loads of Malaysian trumpet snails, two olive nerite snails, and some blue ramshorns (planted)
-10g divided, sibling pair wild/splendens betta hybrid, several blue ramshorn snails, a couple assassin snails
-3g, one male betta, one olive nerite snail
-3g, empty
-Empty 5g, spare/quarantine/hospital
At home:
-One dog, a standard poodle
-Two cats

I'd like to have a 100+g Rio Negro biotope with South American puffers, shell-dwelling cichlids, a figure eight puffer, a couple of cats and a big mutt when I have my own home, and... some clownfish. And some penguins too.
"...Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her... Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away." --Gandhi

Posted Image

Have: T. longicaudatus (regular*, Black Beauty*, gonochoric), T. granarius*, T. canciformis (regular, red/albino/Japanese, Bavarian), T. australiensis (regular, green, silver/Queensland), T. newberryi*, T. mauritanicus, clam shrimp, fairy shrimp (red-tailed, spiny-tailed), seed shrimp
(* = successfully hatched and raised to adulthood)
Want: T. canciformis simplex (those blue ones), T. canciformis green type, Lepidurus, giant T. granarius (so-called T. numidicus), beaver-tailed fairy shrimp
For sale: nothing ATM
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Julee
Member Avatar
Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world...
Aquatic tanks; coldwater:
3x 10g - empty
1x 55g show tank - empty - possible fancy goldfish? may go tropical.

Aquatic tanks; tropical:
75g - mixed tropical - going to be wild betta tank?
33g - endlers, betta females, ABNs
7x 10g - divided bettas, egyptian mouthbrooders, spawn tanks, killis, triops
(lots) 1g+ random tanks - grow outs, bettas, QT, snails, etc
20gL - empty for now
29g - convicts

Reptiles;
3 Crested Geckos
8 Leopard geckos (looking at rehoming two, tbh, for various reasons, and I have a friend who is interested)
1 F.U. Gecko (Tokay ;))
1 gargoyle gecko
1 Red Eared Slider
-looking into ADF and ACF; I go to reptile shows often, come home with new animals on occasion. ; in a year or two getting another turtle-

Furries;
2 black labs (one retired 8 year old [4H grand champion] and one 2 year old; service dog.)
4 cats

I think that's it...hah.
Posted Image

LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
Might I just say that ACFs are as ugly as sin and that ADFs are infinitely superior?
"...Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her... Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away." --Gandhi

Posted Image

Have: T. longicaudatus (regular*, Black Beauty*, gonochoric), T. granarius*, T. canciformis (regular, red/albino/Japanese, Bavarian), T. australiensis (regular, green, silver/Queensland), T. newberryi*, T. mauritanicus, clam shrimp, fairy shrimp (red-tailed, spiny-tailed), seed shrimp
Want: T. canciformis simplex (those blue ones), T. canciformis green type, Lepidurus, giant T. granarius (so-called T. numidicus), beaver-tailed fairy shrimp

Julee
Member Avatar
Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world...
Psh.
Posted Image

Eden Marel
Triops Longicaudatus
Siberian Husky, 3 bettas, 5 adult guppies plus plenty of fry, trump snails, red cherry shrimp

Back at home I have 2 goldfish, and 1 peach faced lovebird

hadla
Member Avatar
Egg
i vote for f8 puffer! i want one when i have money again.

i have 2 cockatiels(one is 10, one is 5 and a baby) and 2 tanks: 20g with 4 dps, 3 eel loaches, dwarf bristlenose pleco, and shrimp and the other now has a baby guppy and a mystery snail. my boyfriend has 4 tiels, 5 rats, a chinchilla(hes a little chili boy), and a 29g with lots of guppies XD

edit: i didnt mention that most of his pets were because of me XD unfortunately im allergic (skin mostly) to the rats and chinchilla. they bring out the worst in my allergy induced asthma. the feather dust build up can, too.
yay for cool little crustaceans!

Kannachan13
Member Avatar
Triops Australiensis
"Family" pets are
Three cats: One 12 year old 23 pound male and two six or seven year old girls, both less than half his size

Red eared slider: At least six years old, probably closer to ten, and around eight inches.

"My" pets-
Two tanks of brine shrimps, one a sea monkey container and one in a round fishbowl that holds the equivlilant of two and a half sea monkey tanks. The round bowl is thus far self sustained, and I'm thinking of buying some of the critters from littleaussiepets to keep in it as well.
One half gallon tank with two types of clam shrimp, two types of fairy shrimp, and seed shrimp.
My last Longicoitus passed away last night at 96 days, so I just hatched out some Gonochoric.

"Waiting to be hatched"
Beavertail Shrimp
Thailand fairy shrimp
Two Sea Monkey tanks
One packet of "The Swarm"
Half a packet of Gonochoric Triops longicoitus
Triops Canciformis
Aussie Green Triops

"Pet's I want"
A 55 gal with four fancy goldfish and some ghost shrimp and freshwater clams and oysters
A 10 gal with killifish

(As you can tell water pets are kind of my thing. :wub: )
Just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby.

LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
I'd go with 20g per fancy goldfish, personally. Clams are VERY hard to keep alive in a tank, and I'm guessing that oysters are the same way. You have to maintain the dissolved food in the water. It can be done, though!

Posted Image

Kannachan13
Member Avatar
Triops Australiensis
Ah, the place I was planning to buy the oysters and clams from gave me the impression that they were very easy to maintain if I had them with messy inhabitants like goldfish. (Said they'd stir up the sediment and eat the fish waste.) And I was under the impression that 55gal was plenty as long as I had sufficient filtration. I'm trying to see if I can get a cheap tank from someone moving or something anyway, I keep checking local newspapers. I guess I'll just have to wait for a slightly bigger one. :yes:

Asha
Larva
I have:

A Medium sized Fantail
A Danio (the others died :( )

A female hamster (Soon to give birth :D)

Does my brother count? As he is a bit of a monkey :rofl2:

LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
Asha, goldies are best off in groups. Your fantail might appreciate some buddies. ;)

Kannachan14, the issue isn't only nitrogen. There's also the problem of hormones and stunting. Eat the fish waste... I have never heard of anything like that... Excrement is devoid of nutrients. That's why it's not used by the body. It's what's left when everything useful has been absorbed. There wouldn't be anything for the clams and oysters to use.

Posted Image

Kannachan13
Member Avatar
Triops Australiensis
I figured it was something like rabbits, where they can eat their own excrement,etc. Something tells me I wasn't looking at a very reputable seller, then. I'd rather not kill them if I can help it! XD

Lithuanian123
Member Avatar
Egg
I have Just Dog (English Koker Spaniel) And a Parrot (Budgerigar) That's All .
Never say never :)

Geneva
Egg
my zoo is actually downsized from what it was but currently i have:

2 dogs (a cairn terrier/dachsund mix and a evil chihuahua)
1 parrot (green cheek conure)
1 hamster
1 corn snake (ultramel, very pretty)
1 tarantula (rosehair)
1 betta (we call him bubba)
and atm 6 juvenille triops (many more to come)

i used to have a chinese water dragon and a basilisk and 2 bearded dragons, but i had to find himes for the water dragon and basilisk because we live in an apartment now and i didnt have enough space to give them the size of home they needed (i have no clue why i got them in the first place since i knew that would happen some day) and the 2 beardies died of old age.

Why?
Triops Newberryi
I have a cat and a dog.

I also have 8 aquariums (sizes from 60 to 240 litres) with different species of tropical fish.

(I have 6 more 50 litres aquariums stored away in my basement that I set up for fish fry when I need it, but from now on I guess most of them will be used to house triops. :D )
...when two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong...

zaky9
Member Avatar
Triops Australiensis
i have:
-2 dogs
-a turtle, 2 ghost shrimp in said turtle's tank
-a cockatiel
-a pond outside with 6 koi and 3 goldfish and some frogs
-a 29 gallon aquarium with a pleco, a swordtail, a leopard danio, 2 rams, a serpae tetra, 3 black widow tetras, 3 lemon tetras, 2 corys, 3 hatchetfish, a silvertip tetra, and (possibly) an amano shrimp. i havent seen the shrimp in a month
Some unhatched triops cancriformis behind me

i want:
-clam shrimp
-a newt
-green or blue aussies
-miscellaneous catfish(i like catfish for some reason)

LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
You've got a lot of schooling fish in your 29g, but none of them are in groups of 6+.

Posted Image

zaky9
Member Avatar
Triops Australiensis
LilGreenPuffer
Oct 10 2010, 09:49 PM
You've got a lot of schooling fish in your 29g, but none of them are in groups of 6+.

they were, but the rest died :sadblink:

LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
Your tank was pretty overstocked, if they were all in that size groups. Maybe a local store will let you trade?

Posted Image

zaky9
Member Avatar
Triops Australiensis
we had 5 sepae first. then 4 died. so then we get 5 lemons. 2 died. then we got 5 black skirts. 2 died. then we got 3 silver tips. the big one killed the other two. am i missing anything?

triops master
Member Avatar
Triops Cancriformis
Julee
Apr 12 2010, 07:41 PM

Reptiles;
3 Crested Geckos
8 Leopard geckos (looking at rehoming two, tbh, for various reasons, and I have a friend who is interested)
1 F.U. Gecko (Tokay ;))
1 gargoyle gecko
1 Red Eared Slider
-looking into ADF and ACF; I go to reptile shows often, come home with new animals on occasion. ; in a year or two getting a

Funny you say that.... I have a bit too many leos, too (they rock!!!!!).
Anyway, these are the pets I have:
triops ( :duh: :duh: )
a few betas
13 dart frogs
2 Heterophrynus batesii Whipspider 3rd Instar
3 Lasiodora parahybana - Brazilian Salmon Pink Tarantulas
mudskippers
quite a few fish tanks
a bit too many leopard geckos
my cat just died the coyotes got her after 8 yrs with me-- I'm heartbroken
over 250 different sp. of insects.......
Is that it?????

zaky9
Member Avatar
Triops Australiensis

Quote:

triops ( clubself.gif clubself.gif )
a few betas
13 dart frogs
mudskippers
quite a few fish tanks
Is that it?????

13 poison dart frogs? whipspider? tarantulas? triops? mudskippers? omg :yourock:

triops master
Member Avatar
Triops Cancriformis
zaky9
Nov 13 2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:

triops ( clubself.gif clubself.gif )
a few betas
13 dart frogs
mudskippers
quite a few fish tanks
Is that it?????

13 poison dart frogs? whipspider? tarantulas? triops? mudskippers? omg :yourock:

Yep, that's what I go for. I've been adding to my collection for years.
Here's some good places:
whipspiders: http://shop.bugsincyberspace.com/Heterophr...star-bic907.htm
poison dart frogs: http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/
mudskippers: private collector
tarantulas: http://www.kenthebugguy.com/product_info.php?products_id=249

..Abundance..
Member Avatar
Triops Longicaudatus
I have:

Reptiles: Two Corn snakes, one albino (bred them once, sold all 21 of them)
My Lizard just passed away from old age (Bearded Dragon)
I used to have Leopard Geckos but my mother hated the crickets...

Invertebrates:
Beaver Tail Fairy Shrimp
Spiny Tail Fairy Shrimp
Sea-Monkeys (THEY DON'T DIE!!!)
Clam Shrimp
Triops..........
Seed Shrimp and all those other little guys
Other:
Canary (yellow)
FLUFFY dog (Maltese)
Betas (Bright Red and Blue)
Robotic Dinosaur (Yes it sort of counts as a pet, look up Pleo)
If there is another apocalypse and mass extinction, I have no doubt in my mind that my triops will live, and populate the post apocalyptic earth....and then..... They EVOLVE

triops master
Member Avatar
Triops Cancriformis
..Abundance..
Nov 23 2010, 09:37 PM
I have:

Reptiles: Two Corn snakes, one albino (bred them once, sold all 21 of them)
My Lizard just passed away from old age (Bearded Dragon)
I used to have Leopard Geckos but my mother hated the crickets...

Invertebrates:
Beaver Tail Fairy Shrimp
Spiny Tail Fairy Shrimp
Sea-Monkeys (THEY DON'T DIE!!!)
Clam Shrimp
Triops..........
Seed Shrimp and all those other little guys
Other:
Canary (yellow)
FLUFFY dog (Maltese)
Betas (Bright Red and Blue)
Robotic Dinosaur (Yes it sort of counts as a pet, look up Pleo)

Cool pets :D
I love beardies :D Once had one.

v369
Member Avatar
absolutly not
ok ,used to have too many to list

current easy list goes like this

male. Elaphe obsoleta lindheimeri- lusistic texas ratsnake ...flawless 15 years old

female. Morlelia spilota - queensland carpet python...10or 12 years old still cant figure out how to swallow mice right

male. ealphae obsoleta obsletaxgutatta- black ratsnake corn snake integrade...16 or 17 yrs old

1 adf 2 gal tank

75 gallon brackish tank
3 species rainbows...5 each celebese complex
3 dwarf gold puffers
2 flordia flagfish,1male 1 female
pair Neolamprologus helianthus and multiple generations of there fry(tough to get out of a planted tank.
pair dwarf ancitrius plecos
1 syndo sp.cat
2 olive nerites,2 tracked nerites,1 zebra nerite (puffers keep eating the eggs)
5 ramshorn snails
2,000,000 mts, thanks to the puffers its not 5,000,000,000
and all the miscenelaous tiny inverts in the refugium.

6 gallon unfiltered planted freshwater tank
4 female rcs,fingernail clams,isopods,gammarus,ostracods ,redtail fairy shrimp,dont know where the clam shrimp went,daphina,bryozons not sure of species tiny,2 ramshorn snails,green hydra,planaria,3 or 4 sp. of cyclopods

6 gallon triops longacatus

just set up a nother 6 gallon tank for Beni-kabuto ebi albino triops canciformis adding live culture from other tanks tommorrow, adding fairy shrimp eggs on friday, it will be home for Beni-kabuto ebi albino triops canciformis once there big enough to move, should be setting them up in hatching jar on friday! ...

lost my cat a month ago(old age/cancer) r.i.p odessa

used to breed black and white tegus,bearded dragons,various geckos,florda black gartersnakes,various coulibreds,vietnamese firebelly toads,greys treefrogs,redspotted and emperor newts,lop eared bunnies,sand rats(degus),
uncountable fish and freshwater inverts over the years.

also kept a spiny tailed iguana, green iguana,emperor scorpions,pink toed turantulas, a rose hair tarantula,fiddler crabs,tiger salamanders,acfs, various moniter lizards and tegus, amevias(3 sp)
saltwater fish and inverts(miss my blue crab and porclin crab),turtles(flordia cooters,painteds,spotteds,s.am wood,malybox),skinks and a uromastyx

used to work at a pet store and live with a vetrinary nurse so countless herp and fuzzy n feathered; fosters and rescues

a dog and a few cats.....

wow with the spacing and numbers this post looks like some chatoic recapie ....

triops master
Member Avatar
Triops Cancriformis
v369
Nov 24 2010, 08:26 PM
ok ,used to have too many to list

current  easy list goes like this

male. Elaphe obsoleta lindheimeri- lusistic texas ratsnake ...flawless 15 years old

female. Morlelia spilota - queensland carpet python...10or 12 years old still cant  figure out how to swallow mice right

male. ealphae obsoleta obsletaxgutatta- black ratsnake corn snake integrade...16 or 17 yrs old

1 adf 2 gal tank

75 gallon brackish tank
  3 dwarf gold puffers
  pair Neolamprologus helianthus and multiple generations of there fry(tough to get out of a planted tank.
  1 syndo sp.cat
  5 ramshorn snails

6 gallon unfiltered planted freshwater tank
  4 female rcs,fingernail clams,isopods,gammarus,ostracods ,redtail fairy shrimp,dont know where the clam shrimp went,daphina,bryozons not sure of species tiny,2 ramshorn snails,green hydra,planaria,3 or 4 sp. of cyclopods

6 gallon triops longacatus

just set up a nother 6 gallon tank for Beni-kabuto ebi albino triops canciformis adding live culture from other tanks tommorrow, adding fairy shrimp eggs on friday, it will be home for Beni-kabuto ebi albino triops canciformis once there big enough to move, should be setting them up in hatching jar on friday! ...

lost my cat a month ago(old age/cancer) r.i.p odessa

used to breed black and white tegus,bearded dragons,various geckos,florda black gartersnakes,various coulibreds,vietnamese firebelly toads,greys treefrogs,redspotted and emperor newts,lop eared bunnies,sand rats(degus),
uncountable fish and freshwater inverts over the years.

also kept a spiny tailed iguana, green iguana,emperor scorpions,pink toed turantulas, a rose hair tarantula,fiddler crabs,tiger salamanders,acfs, various moniter lizards and tegus, amevias(3 sp)
saltwater fish and inverts(miss my blue crab and porclin crab),turtles(flordia cooters,painteds,spotteds,s.am wood,malybox),skinks and a uromastyx

used to work at a pet store and live with a vetrinary nurse so countless herp and fuzzy n feathered; fosters and rescues

a dog and a few cats.....

wow with the spacing and numbers this post looks like some chatoic recapie ....

Nice snakes....
I also have a brackish water tank (85 gallons) for fiddlers , mudskippers, archer fish, gobys, MTS (too many!!!), etc.

That reminds me of my list, which doesn't all my pets, tho :D
:yourock:

v369
Member Avatar
absolutly not
thanks,ive kept and bred fish,reptiles and amphibians for around 20 years off and on now.i think i have a few old picks o my snakes and my tegus ill have to find em n post

i also need to take picks of my current stuff i borrowed a better camera this week so hopfully ill find time to take some upload and post.

triops master
Member Avatar
Triops Cancriformis
v369
Nov 25 2010, 09:31 AM
thanks,ive kept and bred fish,reptiles and amphibians for around 20 years off and on now.i think i have a few old picks o my snakes and my tegus ill have to find em n post

i also need to take picks of my current stuff i borrowed a better camera this week so hopfully ill find time to take some upload and post.

I would be sharing more pictures of everything with you guys, but I can't tell what most of them are of <_< :redface:
My neighbor walks in my house and sees the pictures and says "what's that?"

I said it was the tank over there and he laughed for like ten minutes :wacko:

triops master
Member Avatar
Triops Cancriformis
zaky9
Oct 10 2010, 02:06 PM
i have:
-2 dogs
-a turtle, 2 ghost shrimp in said turtle's tank
-a cockatiel
-a pond outside with 6 koi and 3 goldfish and some frogs
-a 29 gallon aquarium with a pleco, a swordtail, a leopard danio, 2 rams, a serpae tetra, 3 black widow tetras, 3 lemon tetras, 2 corys, 3 hatchetfish, a silvertip tetra, and (possibly) an amano shrimp. i havent seen the shrimp in a month
Some unhatched triops cancriformis behind me

i want:
-clam shrimp
-a newt
-green or blue aussies
-miscellaneous catfish(i like catfish for some reason)

I also want a newt or a mudpuppy :D
What species do you want?

LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
triops master
Nov 25 2010, 12:00 AM
75 gallon brackish tank
  3 dwarf gold puffers
  1 syndo sp.cat
  5 ramshorn snails

What's the scientific name for those puffers?

Are you aware that catfish like plecos must not be kept in water with any salt?

Posted Image

v369
Member Avatar
absolutly not

The puffers are Tetraodon travancoricus, and have been in the tank for 2 years. Being a rivirene species they are often collected in brackish envirnoments.The puffers in my tankcome from tank raised stock whos parents were kept in brackish.

The pair of dwarf Ancistrus plecos i had before the current pair, was in in brackish conditions and bred multiple times in this tank. They lived around 6 years . The current pair has been in this tank for over a year. Also tank raised plecos are capible of thriving in a much broader range of conditions than are their imported wild caught great, great grandparents. Some of these paramaters that comprise optimal living conditions are also species specific and vary widely.

The catfish is a syndo species wich are african rift lake species and in nature live in water with a high ph,kh and gh. As my tank is low end specfic gravity for brackish these conditions are actualy close to optimal for syndos. This specfic catfish has been in this tank for almost 8 years.

LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
Dwarf puffers are strictly FW fish - although they may be found in BW in the wild, they live significantly longer in FW and must be kept as such. Please see dwarfpuffers.com or read my caresheet: http://www.ultimatebettas.com/index.php?showtopic=40884&st=0

Plecos often live up to 15 years (some accounts cite upwards of 25), with 7 being the low end of normal, so I wouldn't call 6 "thriving."

Having a high hardness level is not the same thing as brackish, and so it must not be considered optimal to put hardwater FW fish in brackish water. Just because a fish is tank-bred doesn't mean it ought to be kept in totally different water than its wild counterparts live in - would you keep a tank-raised clownfish in a bowl of fresh tap water?

Posted Image

zaky9
Member Avatar
Triops Australiensis
triops master
Nov 25 2010, 12:04 PM

I also want a newt or a mudpuppy :D
What species do you want?

I want either a eastern spotted newt or a fire-belly newt(Japanese species)

v369
Member Avatar
absolutly not
O.K...In refrence to the puffers there is a BIG difrence in keeping a clown fish in fresh water and a species that is actualy found quite often in brackish water, in brackish water.The clown fish would go into osmotic shock within minutes to hours and would would die quite uncomfortably
Tetraodon travancoricus will actualy breed quite well in brackish water.Breeding sucessfuly tends to indicate that they are living well within there optimal paramaters for life. As they have a large home range within many diffrent biomes these parameters may be geographicaly specific as well.

That 15 to 25 years for a pleco life span is definatly species specfic...

Not sure where i hit a nerve or offended your sense of moral well being, but your frevor is needless my pets are well cared for.

direct quote:
but they will suffer no ill effects from hard water.
pH range: 6.5-7.2. HOWEVER, it should be noted that most fish purchased in pet/chain stores are farmed and raised in water much different than their native habitats. Also, most fish will adapt to reasonable water conditions given the proper acclimation techniques are used. My fish are totally content in a pH of 8.2. Wild-caught fish may be more sensitive, but tank-bred dwarves are becoming more widely available, and it's always preferable to avoid wild-caught fish.

LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
Quote:

but they will suffer no ill effects from hard water.
pH range: 6.5-7.2. HOWEVER, it should be noted that most fish purchased in pet/chain stores are farmed and raised in water much different than their native habitats. Also, most fish will adapt to reasonable water conditions given the proper acclimation techniques are used. My fish are totally content in a pH of 8.2. Wild-caught fish may be more sensitive, but tank-bred dwarves are becoming more widely available, and it's always preferable to avoid wild-caught fish.

Hard water, yes. That's one thing. Brackish water is different. None of the puffer experts in the worldwide fishkeeping community would agree that C. travancoricus ought to be kept in anything but fresh water. Additionally, I've never heard reports of breeding in brackish water. Do you have citations?

Posted Image

v369
Member Avatar
absolutly not
I wish i had pics of my last batch of babies (did not have a cammera then and was close to 10 years ago so im pretty sure that batch was wild caught because they were newer to the trade then). from my old tank to post for you with the water paramaters of that tank, and it had a much higher salt concentration than the planted brackish tank i have my current puffers in now.

I wrongly assumed that quoting where you contridict yourself directly from the care sheet that you published would end this pointless argument. but you obviously need somone to banter with.

if you would like to see a couple pics of my current puffers and their tankmates heres a link, and yes they are new pics because until a bout a month ago i did not have a good enough camera to do so digataly
(excuse me for being bluecollar american).
http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/members/...o-me-tanks.html

LilGreenPuffer
Member Avatar
Okay, my idea.
Further rudeness to any member will result in a second warning. There are ways to debate animal care without being snarky.

Posted Image

v369
Member Avatar
absolutly not
Intresting counter point littlegreenpuffer,
Can i have specifics on where i am being rude?
I feel it is rude and unprofessional when a moderator of a forum chooses to create an argument in apublic thread based on personal opionion of anothers actions. If you have problems with my choice in husbandry practices it would have been within common courtesy to pm me and continue the conversation in a private thread around the point that you switched from informing me to scolding me, and continued said thread in a private message after it ceased to have any realavance to anyone but yourself and I.

rainman
Member Avatar
Triops cancriformis
American husky lab mix (Jake) 11
Tuxedo cat (Onyx) 11
The neighbor dog pretty much lives here to... idk what type of dog it is though. lol
29g 6 Corydoras, 2 Pearl Gouramis 1 Angel 3 Canas, MTS
55g 3 Angels, TONS of Marisas, Endlers, Ramshorns and MTS
2.5g Triops longicaudatus eggs, Ramshorn snails and MTS

zaky9
Member Avatar
Triops Australiensis
rainman
Dec 1 2010, 02:45 PM
Tuxedo cat (Onyx) 11
The neighbor dog pretty much lives here to... idk what type of dog it is though. lol

What's a MTS? I feel like i should know, but i don't :?

rainman
Member Avatar
Triops cancriformis
zaky9
Dec 1 2010, 05:08 PM
rainman
Tuxedo cat (Onyx) 11

lol No problem. ;) MTS= malaysian trumpet snails

zaky9
Member Avatar
Triops Australiensis
rainman
Dec 1 2010, 05:17 PM
zaky9
rainman
Tuxedo cat (Onyx) 11

:brickwall: i even had some of those :brickwall:

rainman
Member Avatar
Triops cancriformis
zaky9
Dec 1 2010, 05:32 PM
rainman
Dec 1 2010, 05:17 PM
zaky9
rainman
Tuxedo cat (Onyx) 11

:brickwall: i even had some of those :brickwall:

lol It happens I guess. :P

Huub
Member Avatar
Queensland, Red fire, Cancriformis . >>Digging for eggs&l
Eh other pets?
2 kids and a rabbit. :oops:
~ Huub ~ Posted Image
1st tanklog: Longicaudatus / 2nd log: Australiensis Queensland (Silver) / 3rd log: Red Fire Kabuto Cancriformis / 4th tanklog: Newberryi + Kabuto Albino
Water-adjustments for Triops
/ My You-Tube channel with triops vids

Carnifex
Member Avatar
1 Longicaudatus
I cant remember if I posted on this thread!

-Albino mystery snail (Horatio)
-12 year old Hermit crab (Mzee)
-9 year old Wheaten Terrier (Sophie)
-two 10 year old goldfish (theyre half koi, which explains why they are so old)
Raising Triops. Sometimes the questions are hard and the answers are simple.

triops master
Member Avatar
Triops Cancriformis
Huub
Feb 4 2011, 04:40 PM
Eh other pets?
2 kids and a rabbit. :oops:

:rofl1:

ITS not ME
Unregistered

zaky9
rainman
Tuxedo cat (Onyx) 11

dwarf puffer food :D :D
Quote Post Goto Top

triops master
Member Avatar
Triops Cancriformis
ITS not ME
Feb 4 2011, 08:05 PM
zaky9
rainman
Tuxedo cat (Onyx) 11

dwarf puffer food :D :D

:rofl1:

DLP
Member Avatar
Triops Longicaudatus
OK all here is a run down on my critters:

MY Rreptiles
1.1.0 Python Regius.
1.0.0 Tupinambis Teguixin.
1.1.0 Pogona Vitticeps.
1.1.0 Eublepharis macularius.
0.1.0 Gekko gecko.
0.1.0 Coleonyx variegatus,
1.0.0 Hemidactylus turcicus,
0.1.0 Graptemys geographica.

My T's
0.1.0 Nhandu chromatus.
1.0.0 Brachypelma emilia.
2.1.0 Aphonopelma chalcodes.
2.1.0 Aphonopelma behlei.
0.1.0 Gramastola rosea.
0.0.1 Grammostola pulchripes.
0.0.2 Pterinochilus murinis.

My True/primitive spiders
1.1.0 Argiope trifasciata.
1.2.50+ Phidippus johnsoni.
1.2.50+ Phidippus adumbratus,
0.1.0 Theridiidae lactrodectus.
1.1.20+ Hogna carolinensis.
1.1.10+ Lycosidae Hippasinae Sosippus spp.

My Scorpions
1.2.0 Centruroides sculpturatus.
1.1.0 Hadrurus arizonensis.
0.1.6 Vaejovis spinigerus
1.2.0 Pandinus imperator.

My Centipedes
2.2.2 Scolopendra Polymorpha
0.1.0 Scolopendra heros arizonensis,
0.2.30 Scolopendra viridis ??.

My Roaches & Feeders
2000+ Blaptica dubia.
????+ Blatta orientalis Linnaeus.